- ½ cup/120 milliliters coconut oil
- ⅔ cup/160 milliliters pure maple syrup
- ⅔ cup/160 grams brown sugar
- ⅔ cup/160 milliliters coconut or almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups/455 grams rolled oats
- 65 grams of our Organic Natural Coconut or Coconut Cacao chips
- Half a teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup/85 grams sliced almonds
- ½ cup/70 grams raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup/65 grams sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, sugar, coconut milk and salt and bring to a simmer. When sugar has dissolved, stir in a pinch of saffron.
- In a food processor, grind 1 1/4 cups/100 grams of the oats and 1/4 cup/13 grams of our coconut chips into a flour. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in remaining oats and coconut, the spices, the nuts and the seeds. Pour maple syrup/honey mixture over and stir to combine. Let sit 8 minutes.
- Put oat mixture onto prepared baking sheets in one layer, and pinch together into clumps with your fingers.
- Bake 45 minutes, flipping the mixture every 15 minutes. The mixture is done when it’s golden brown and starting to crisp. Transfer pan to counter and let cool. Store in a sealed container inside your fridge or enjoy straight away!